CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT– Fast growing clinic has a position available for a Beautiful Dermatology and MOHS surgery practice with multiple locations in the Greater Jacksonville area.
This position assists providers in a variety of patient care duties, minor surgical procedures, and related clerical functions. Ensures smooth appointment flow and work flow within the department. Assists front office relating to scheduling and super bill billing questions by performing the following duties.
Required skills, not limited to:
· Highly motivated, personable and positive individual.
· Organizational skills, ability to multitask, flexible, team player.
· Assists providers in simple office and minor surgical procedures.
· Assists providers with examinations and treatment, and prepares and applies dressings.
· Administers medications as required under the direction of the provider.
· Collects quality specimens as directed.
· Labels and completes labs requisitions including ICD-10 and CPT coding.
· Maintains patient electronic medical record in accordance with Park Avenue Dermatology’s policy and maintains proper assembly of electronic medical record.
· Enters all test requisitions and encounters into electronic medical record.
· Documents and reports findings and observations to ensure all documentation reflects patient visit.
· Maintains electronic medical record in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
· Responsible for all electronic prescription entries as directed by provider.
· Ensures exam rooms are properly prepared and stocked at all times.
· Reorganizes rooms between appointments, cleans counters, and replaces sanitary papers.
· Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
· Maintains equipment and adequate levels of consumables in clinical areas.
· Remains with patient during exam.
· Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by provider.
· Contacts patients with test results, instructions from providers, and scheduling appointments.
· Answers patient inquiries.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, or Certified Medical Assistant
· Dermatology technician preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
· CPR certification
· Certified dermatology technician or agreement to obtain certification within two months of hire
We offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, with generous paid holidays and accrued vacation packages.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and references to – firstname.lastname@example.org