Job Title: Medical Assistant
Reports To: Director of Personnel and Patient Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Assists providers in a variety of patient care duties, minor surgical procedures, and related clerical functions. Ensures smooth appointment flow and work flow within the department. Assists front office with questions related to scheduling and billing.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists providers in simple office and minor surgical *
- Assists providers with examinations and treatment, and prepares and applies dressings.*
- Administers medications as required under the direction of the *
- Collects quality specimens as *
- Labels and completes labs requisitions including ICD-10 and CPT *
- Maintains patient electronic medical record in accordance with Park Avenue Dermatology’s policy and maintains proper assembly of electronic medical record.*
- Enters all test requisitions and encounters into electronic medical *
- Documents and reports findings and observations to ensure all documentation reflects patient *
- Maintains electronic medical record in accordance with HIPAA *
- Spells medical terminology correctly in electronic medical *
- Responsible for all electronic prescription entries as directed by *
- Ensures exam rooms are properly prepared and stocked at all *
- Reorganizes rooms between appointments, cleans counters, and replaces sanitary *
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA *
- Maintains equipment and adequate levels of consumables in clinical *
- Greets patient in a prompt and courteous *
- Remains with patient during *
- Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by *
- Contacts patients with test results, instructions from providers, and scheduling appointments.*
- Answers patient *
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts *
- Travel to any Park Avenue Dermatology location may be necessary upon request
- Provides on site emergency treatment within scope of
- Keeps work area clean, neat, and
- Assists in keeping common areas clean including break room and nurses
- Performs other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and NexTech.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, or Certified Medical Assistant
- Dermatology technician preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPR certification
- Certified dermatology technician or agreement to obtain certification within two months of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of dermatologic and medical equipment and maintenance
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients in a professional, courteous, and effective manner exhibiting customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous, and effective manner
- Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA blood borne pathogens
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of radiation, blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are a drug free workplace and require a clear drug screen and a level 1 background screen result.
Please send resumes to Careers@ParkAveDermatology.com