Job Title: Surgical Technician
Reports To: Director of Personnel and Patient Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Provides expert assistance in surgical procedures in support of the clinic’s providers and assists providers and patients with exams and procedures, performs lab test, prepares and maintains equipment used for procedures, maintains records, and performs clerical tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures safe and sterile environment for surgical *
- Anticipates surgeon’s *
- Maintains control of activities in room and communicates *
- Monitors equipment and sterilizes *
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of procedures *
- Stands for long periods of time and remains alert during *
- Holds retractors, cuts sutures, counts sponges, needles, and instruments as well as assists with surgical dressing.*
- Handles specimens according to policy and procedure and ensures specimen is correctly written in logbook prior to placing in specimen *
- Demonstrates through knowledge of maintenance of sterile and non-sterile *
- Washes and assembles surgical instrumentation for sterilization according to *
- Ensures that sterile and non-sterile equipment is working *
- Cleans and restocks operating *
- Maintains accurate logroll of sterilization *
- Stores prepared instrumentation and supplies as *
- Documents patient charts *
- Arranges operating equipment, instruments, and supplies according to surgeon’s *
- Travel to any other Park Avenue Dermatology location may be necessary upon
- Performs other duties as
- Assists in keeping common areas clean including the nurse station and break
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Nextech, Microsoft Outlook, and electronic medical records.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPR certification
- Certification of surgical technologist
- Surgical lights
- Electrocantery machine
- Surgical tables
- Liposuction machine
- Ultrasonic doppler
- Stryker endoscopy
- Zimmer dermatonice
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, providers, and other patient care personnel
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare the operating room according to the standard methods and procedures
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when performing technical tasks and anticipating surgeon’s needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to bloodborne pathogens, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are a drug free workplace and require a clear drug screen and a level 1 background screen result.
Please send resumes to Careers@ParkAveDermatology.com