SURGICAL TECHNICIAN position available for a Beautiful Dermatology and MOHS surgery practice with multiple locations in the Greater Jacksonville area.
This position provides expert assistance in surgical procedures in support of the clinic’s providers and assists providers and patients with exams and procedures, performs lab tests, prepares and maintains equipment used for procedures, maintains records, and performs clerical tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required skills, not limited to:
- Organizational skills, ability to multitask, flexible, team player
- Ensures safe and sterile environment for surgical procedures.
- Anticipates surgeon’s needs.
- Maintains control of activities in room and communicates effectively.
- Monitors equipment and sterilizes instruments.
- Holds retractors, cuts sutures, counts sponges, needles, and instruments as well as assists with surgical dressing.
- Handles specimens according to policy and procedure and ensures specimen is correctly written in logbook prior to placing in specimen box.
- Demonstrates through knowledge of maintenance of sterile and non-sterile equipment.
- Washes and assembles surgical instrumentation for sterilization according to guidelines.
- Ensures that sterile and non-sterile equipment is working properly.
- Cleans and restocks operating room.
- Maintains accurate logroll of sterilization processes.
- Stores prepared instrumentation and supplies as directed.
- Documents patient charts accurately.
- Arranges operating equipment, instruments, and supplies according to surgeon’s performance.
- Highly motivated and positive individual
- Computer skills, to include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and EMR
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPR certification
- Certification of surgical technologist
We offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, with generous paid holidays and accrued vacation packages.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and references to – firstname.lastname@example.org