WART TREATMENT REMOVAL JACKSONVILLE ORANGE PARK
Warts can grow anywhere on the body. They are caused by a virus called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). There are several different kinds of warts. Some warts are painful due to their locations, such as warts that arise on the sole of the foot (plantar warts). Some warts grow in larger clusters, known as flat warts. Some warts occur in the genital area. Warts sometimes resolve on their own, however, they can occur in a cosmetic area or rapidly multiply. Sometimes the wart in question may not be a wart at all and is perhaps something more serious, which is why we at Park Avenue Dermatology recommend early diagnosis and treatment
Since warts are caused by a virus, some people are more susceptible than others to get warts. Therefore, treatment is aimed at stimulating the patient’s own immune system.
There are several different ways to do this:
- Topical Cantharidin (Canthacur-PS ®) – is painted onto the wart thereby creating an inflammatory response seen as a gradual blistering of the wart
- Liquid Nitrogen – Although slightly uncomfortable, this process “freezes” and destroys the callous and sets up a local inflammatory response.
- Candida Injections – Yeast is injected into and around the wart stimulating the patients’ immune system to destroy the yeast and at the same time destroy the wart.
- Surgical Removal – Warts can be surgically removed (Electrodessication and Curettage).
- Laser Treatment – Although more expensive, laser treatment is recommended for warts not responding to other treatments